Who are Allergy Bakes?
Allergy Bakes is a family run bakery that bakes handmade sweet treats without using dairy, eggs or nuts.
Finding nut free biscuits and cakes in the shops can be difficult enough. Finding biscuits and cakes that are safe for those with nut and dairy and egg allergies is virtually impossible.
Managing director Alison has a daughter with severe food allergies and knows all too well the difficulty in finding cakes and bakes which are safe for those with dairy, egg and nut allergies. She founded Allergy Bakes in 2013 so those with multiple food allergies might have some sweet treat options.
What products do Allergy Bakes make?
Their current product list includes:
- Birthday cakes – Handmade and decorated cakes containing light sponge, jam and buttercream and beautifully iced. They can be decorated in your chosen theme (see right for an example!).
- Christmas cake.
- Cupcakes – available to be iced to any colour theme.
- Biscuits – chocolate chip or jam centred (pictured below).
- Gingerbread men – which can be made to any seasonal design – Halloween, Christmas, Easter etc.
How do Allergy Bakes make their products nut safe?
- Bake without dairy or eggs.
- Bake without nuts, which they explain means “we check all the ingredients listings for nuts, we’ve asked most of our suppliers for the same statements on their products with regards to nuts, no nuts are ever used within our facilities and neither baker handles nuts.”
- Use ingredients and suppliers they trust (most of whom have provided “provenance statements” confirming they too do not use dairy, egg and nuts).
- Bake in a brand new, purpose built facility, with brand new appliances and equipment.
Here’s the level of detail you can expect to see on an Allergy Bakes ingredients list:
They also have a page on their website detailing all the ingredients they use: Ingredients, Provenance and Allergens.
They do stress that they are currently not a “free from” brand, in that, at present, they do not do product testing (although hope to implement this in the future).
Where can we buy Allergy Bakes products?
Allergy Bakes products are available to order online from their website. All products can be ordered for delivery within the UK, with the exception of the birthday cakes (which are either available for collection from the Allergy Bakes bakery in Orrell, Lancashire, or can be delivered to addresses in North West England).